Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I'm an Idiot

I've been trying out SportTracks as an alternative to the Garmin Training Center Software, and I'm not completely sold on it yet (perhaps it's because I'm not familiar enough with it's functionality, layout, and feel), but one of the features that I've stumbled across is the graphing of mileage (by day, week, month, etc...). 

After I started looking at my mileage by month - I realized what an Idiot I really am.  You be the judge - check this out - see if you can tell what I mean...


Got it?  In case you missed it, the graph starts in June of 2011 (I bought my Garmin then).  I started running again in April of the same year after having been a coach potato for about 8-9 years.  No friggin' wonder why I was always dealing with some sort of nagging injury!  Granted, the graphs for 2011 are incomplete, because I interspersed treadmill running in there (which was not captured), but COME ON!  I deserved to get injured. 

In hindsight, I feel lucky that I even made it to the Philly Marathon at all, let alone finish it!  Good grief, I was either too stupid, or too stubborn, to realize what I was doing at the time, but you know what they say about hindsight...

On a brighter note, it seems evident to me (post Marathon), that I've gone about this quite differently and much more responsibly...

 

Hints and Allegations:


I'm thinking about running that R. Falls Playground Run this Saturday.  It would be fun to obliterate my course PR there - even with a DS I think I could shatter it.  Other things in life might prevent me from running it though.  We'll see...

OK - give it to me, tell me how dumb I was/am - or share your pride vs. intelligence stories...

2 comments:

  1. Okay, Stroller Guy, how cold is it where you run? Here in Anchorage today it is sunny and in the 30s (the 30s! People are actually walking around in shorts). Cheers, happy running and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not too bad today... Ran in low 20's mid morning... From what I've read on your blog - we must have similar temps - the coldest I ventured out in this year was about -12. I don't think I can handle much more than that - but I too do not have any face gear. Isn't it crazy how much difference a tiny breeze makes in that temp range? Do you plan your routes based upon wind direction? When it gets really cold I always try to organize my run so that the wind is at my back for the 2nd half...

    ReplyDelete