Saturday, February 27, 2016

VCM Training Wk 3 LSD

Week 3, Day 5 LSD

Goal: Run for 1:30 in Z1-Z2.

It was cold and windy today.  This run was slow and sluggish.  I started to feel a little groove at times, but for the most part, I didn't feel strong.  I did pick up the pace a little in the last 1/2 mile, and felt good doing it, but other than that, I don't feel like it was a hugely productive run, other than the fact that I got the mileage in, and stuck to the plan (didn't run too hard, even though  I saw my paces were slow).

How can the wind blow in your face for 260 degrees?  I definitely felt like the wind hurt more when I was runnning into it, versus helping when it was at my back.  I admit, I was a little disappointed with my paces today, but I guess I should not get too concerned, as there was major mileage increases this week, plus it was so windy.

Also, lots of lower leg potential problems... Things I was aware of in this run were:

Stiffness on the outside edges of my feet
soreness in various spots in my calfs
the lingering medial ankle/heel issue
tightness behind my knees - hamstrings?
Lots of trigger point work coming today and tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment