Monday, February 15, 2016

Week2, Day1 VCM Training

Start Week 2 of 16 for VCM. Goal - run in Zone 1 or Zone 2 for 30 minutes. I had a hard time keeping the HR under 166 going up the hill on Demont Rd. Other than that, I thought I did a decent job holding back the effort. Continued focus on belly breathing and posture. At times I felt tight and not fluid, but overall, I didn't think it was more hard than it should have been for an easy effort day. I was a little shell shocked to go out in the cold after Saturday's run - so I waited until 1pm for 20 degree weather, although I see that Garmin feels that it was 10 degrees... Decided to wear a short sleeve and a long sleeve due to the wind, but it was too much. one would have been plenty. I puposefully chose a hilly route, so I knew my paces would be a little slow, but I've got to start getting hilly running in for vcm, especially if I'm going to be on the treadmill a lot. equally need the pounding downhills too. I went out in 16 mins, thinking that I'd easily make up the time on the downhill, but when I turned around I knew that it wouldn't come to fruition due to the strong wind in my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment