Friday, February 26, 2016

Week 3, Day 4 VCM Training

30 Min Treadmill

Goal: Run for 30 minutes in Z1-Z2.

Started at 5.0 speed with a 1.5 incline.  Increased .1 per .1 mile, reaching 6.0 at 1 mile.  I decided to keep it at 6.0 for the remainder, in order to keep this run "easy effort."

It was an odd run.  I think that I'm starting to like the Inov8's, but sometimes it's hard to tell until you've run in a shoe more.  That being said, my feet felt pretty comfortable on today's short run.

The run was odd, because I felt like 6.0 was fast today.  I felt like I was working more than I should have been for an easy run.  I actually considered dropping the speed back to 5.7 or 5.8 - but because my HR was still hanging right around 150 (lower end of z2), I decided I'd just suck it up for the rest of the run - seeing as how short it was.  The odd part was that once again, I don't feel like my HR matched my perceived level of effort.  Three runs in a row - a similar phenomenon - alternating between too high of a HR for feeling so strong one day, to a relatively low HR for feeling so tired and slow.  It will be interesting to see how I feel tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment