Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Week 3, Day 2 of VCM Training

Goal: Run 60 minutes in Zone 2.

I had a hard time keeping my HR below 166.  Perhaps it's because I started out so quickly, and didn't ease into my run gradually.  I think I started quickly because of the cold weather.  I tend to run quicker early in the runs when it's cold.  Perhaps to get warmer?
Several times during the run, my alarm when off indicating that my HR was too high.  Nice feature from Garmin BTW, because running at night makes it hard to watch your watch.  I felt like I wanted to go faster throughout almost this entire run, with maybe the exception of the last stretch, where I picked up the pace trying to keep my HR as close to 166 as possible.  Figures, the one time during the run I want to do it, I had a hard time doing it.  Overall, I'm not sure how I feel about this run.  I thought for sure that I'd be sub 10 min/mile, but I think that I actually paced slower today than I did on Saturday for my LSD.
I used my other new pair of shoes today - Addidas Boost - my wife's been raving about these shoes for over 2 years now.  I regularly rotate between 4-5 pairs of shoes just because...  I replaced a pair of Nikes that were always too small, but I couldn't bare to throw them away because I had spent money on them.  I had even gone as far as cutting holes in the sides of the shoes where they were too small.  I did ultimately run on them enough to wear significant tread, and put at least 100 miles on them, so...  I finally decided it wasn't worth the potential problems they could cause for marathon training.

No comments:

Post a Comment